January 29, 2009

The Wolves are at the Door

It's trying times, these days. As an individual, the help available for basic survival is virtually non-existent. Over time jobs have been lost due to excessive financial demands which left nothing to actually travel to work, and the bills are getting higher and higher, costs are going up, earnings are going down.

It's a bleak situation, where every day I sit and wonder "Is today the wolves come to the door?" I can hear them circling around, waiting for their opportunity to attack, the pack mentality at work. In the middle of the circling beast, I sit and wait for the sign of attack, hoping I will be ready to defend myself. My armour is on, but will it be enough? Sometimes I think retreat will be the better option. Go underground, into hiding, but who wants to hide for ever? I'd rather fight, but I'm out-numbered, how can I win?

Right now, I'd take a draw. Winning is highly unlikely. I don't want to take any extreme measures, but as a tactic they are available. But is the short term gain for the long term pain really worth it?

No comments: